Design Arts Grants support community-based projects that focus on Design issues through planning, but suspended FY2011 due to budget cuts. Project Grants support the arts activities of non-arts community organizations and public institutions (artists included FY2020). Development Grants support new, emerging and smaller-budget arts organizations in rural and urban Nevada.
Partners in Excellence Grants (PIE) support established arts and cultural organizations throughout the state. PIE I grantees fare small to medium organizations, while larger grantees in the PIE II category apply for two-year funding every even year.
- FY2017 statewide totals only include arts learning, project, PIE, plus some fellowship grants
- Not all grant awardees/awards reported beginning FY2017
- Not all grant awardees reported FY2018-19 (not comparable to prior years)
- Category data may not be comparable across years due to reporting changes and suspended/merged awards beginning 2010 to accommodate budget cuts
- Northern Nevada = Washoe County, Carson City, Douglas County, Virginia City, Fallon and Fernley
- 2010 statewide figures include a one-time $250,500 Federal ARRA/Stimulus Grant, plus costs of the grants program review process
- Development Grants support new, emerging and smaller-budget arts organizations in rural and urban Nevada; merged FY2013 (now part of PIE: Tier I, Level 1)
- Arts Learning-related grants include integrated arts education programing through Arts Learning Component funds to PIE receipients
The FY2020 Community Impact Grant (CIG) went to the City of Sparks to support structural change through strategic planning, community engagement and arts participation